(Episode 6) Windows 8: Client Hyper-V and Why It Matters
Download this episode
In today’s episode, Technical Evangelist Kevin Remde welcomes Microsoft MVP, Mitch Garvis to the show as they discuss how Windows 8 now includes Microsoft Hyper-V. Tune in as they discuss WHY you would want to use the power of Hyper-V virtualization on your desktop, laptop or tablet running Windows 8 Enterprise.
- [2:30] What is Hyper-V and what is it used for?
- [3:40] Why would anyone need that kind of power on their desktop?
- [5:10] What are some of the capabilities of Hyper-V running on Windows 8?
- [8:57] How do users interact with VMs?
- [12:04] Are there any special requirements for running Hyper-V on a Windows 8 machine?
- [16:41] How do users get started?
Download the Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation today and test your applications, hardware and deployment strategies with Windows 8.
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Licensing
- The Springboard Series Blog
- Windows 8 Resources for IT Pros on Springboard
- Resources for Developers to Build Windows 8 Apps
- Windows 8 resources for partners on Microsoft Partner Network
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.