(Episode 6) Windows 8: Client Hyper-V and Why It Matters
Download this episode
In today’s episode, Technical Evangelist Kevin Remde welcomes Microsoft MVP, Mitch Garvis to the show as they discuss how Windows 8 now includes Microsoft Hyper-V. Tune in as they discuss WHY you would want to use the power of Hyper-V virtualization on your desktop, laptop or tablet running Windows 8 Enterprise.
- [2:30] What is Hyper-V and what is it used for?
- [3:40] Why would anyone need that kind of power on their desktop?
- [5:10] What are some of the capabilities of Hyper-V running on Windows 8?
- [8:57] How do users interact with VMs?
- [12:04] Are there any special requirements for running Hyper-V on a Windows 8 machine?
- [16:41] How do users get started?
Download the Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation today and test your applications, hardware and deployment strategies with Windows 8.
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Windows 8 Licensing
- The Springboard Series Blog
- Windows 8 Resources for IT Pros on Springboard
- Resources for Developers to Build Windows 8 Apps
- Windows 8 resources for partners on Microsoft Partner Network
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.