Download this episode
About the Video:
This is third in the series of webcasts covering the SQL Azure Data Sync service. In this demo heavy webcast, Sudhesh covers the details of how SQL Azure Data Sync can be used for Cloud to Cloud database sync (C2C scenarios)- cloud databases within the same data center or cloud databases distributed across different data centers. These are very handy scenarios when you want to separate your transactional load from reporting loads, or get data closer to the geography of your users, or distribute your user load by scaling out to multiple databases, and so on.
This video will also touch upon the concepts of how SQL Azure Reporting can be used in combination with Data Sync and how you can use filtering feature of Data Sync to synchronize only part of data from one geography to another (lets say from US to Europe).
Let us know your thoughts, comments and questions.
Relevant resources on SQL Azure Data Sync:
- Technet Articles: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/sql-azure-data-sync-overview.aspx
- Series of webcast on channel 9 providing Deep Dives e.g. E2C, Conflict Resolution, Security, Integration with Azure Traffic Manager etc: https://channel9.msdn.com/Series/SQL-Azure-Data-Sync
- MSDN Forum on SQL Azure: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ssdsgetstarted/threads
- SQL Azure Data Sync Feature Voting: http://www.mygreatwindowsazureidea.com/forums/44459-sql-azure-data-sync-feature-voting
- Windows Azure Blogs: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/
- Windows Azure Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/windowsazure
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.