This is a deeper dive on how to practically and technically implement automated deployment best practices, as a follow up to the DevOps & Deployment Automation Best Practices DevOps Dimension episode. Damian Brady demonstrates how to integrate Octopus in VSTS to deploy your built application across your environments.
Find a topic:
- [00:36] How does Octopus Deploy & VSTS work together?
- [01:31] Demo - How to add Octopus Deploy Build & Release Task extension?
- [03:49] Demo - How to package your built application?
- [08:42] Demo - How to create consistency across environments in Octopus?
- [15:45] Demo - Why roll forward, instead of rolling back?
- [20:56] Demo - How to use Octopus Deploy with Release Management?
- [22:50] How to get started?
- Get an overview of DevOps & Deployment Automation Best Practices
- Try Octopus to automate your deployment
- Search the Octopus Deploy Library for community contributed scripts
- Get started with DevOps Fundamentals
- Learn more about DevOps with DevOps Dimensions
- Watch the .NET Deployment Strategies: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (NDC London)
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam