Download this episode
In this episode of The Full Stack, Jesse and Jon hook up client-server data synchronization and discuss some interesting problems they run into along the way.
- Jesse walks through the Windows Phone side, explaining how synchronization works when saving a new contact.
- Jesse explains how to detect changes in network status, automatically synchronizing contacts added while offline as soon as a network connection is available.
- Jon reviews the server-side API, shows how the API key is being passed in an HTTP header rather than a querystring argument, and walks through the process of submitting changes to the server.
- Jon explains some of the interesting challenges he troubleshot on the server, including use of the new WCF ProcessingPipeline, catching WCF service exceptions, and use of Post Tunneling.
- Jesse shows how to make sure your textbox bindings are updated when working with the Windows Phone Action Bar buttons.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.