This walkthrough demo will cover setting up a basic Cordova project, setting up a repo in Visual Studio Online, setting up the appropriate environments to handle the targeted platforms for application release, and ensuring quality build results prior to making the definitions live.
As there are many tutorials out there concerning Cordova applications, this walkthrough demo will focus more on the ALM aspects.
Josh Garverick will cover:
[05:24] - Setting up the Build.vNext queues, agent pools and agents.
[06:59] - Setting up the Cordova Application and Team Project.
[08:24] - Environmental configurations.
[16:51] - Creating the Build.vNext definitions.
[21:45] - Conclusion.
Links and references:
- Building Cross Platform Apps with Apache Cordova and Microsoft Build.vNext walkthrough document.
- The Apache Cordova Project (http://cordova.apache.org)
- Getting Started with Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn771545.aspx)
- Xcode Scheme Reference (https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/featuredarticles/XcodeConcepts/Concept-Schemes.html)
- Gradle User Guide (http://gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/userguide.html
- Android Studio Overview (http://developer.android.com/tools/studio/index.html
- Interactive Cordova Tutorial (https://ccoenraets.github.io/cordova-tutorial/)
- Team Foundation Build documentation (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/Library/vs/alm/Build/overview)