In this session, we'll provide an overview of what's new in Windows 8.1 and how to design for these new experiences. We'll discuss the principles, personality, patterns, and platform that the Windows team used to design the Windows 8.1 user experience, plus explain how you can use them as the base for the design of your own apps.
- [05:59] - Windows 8.1 Demo
- [23:16] - Principles
- [29:18] - Personality
- [40:58] - Patterns
- [57:10] - Platform
Full course outline:
- Mod 01: Designing User Experiences for Windows
- Mod 02: Less Is More
- Mod 03: UI Controls
- Mod 04: Navigation
- Mod 05: Layout
- Mod 06: Windowing
- Mod 07: Search
- Mod 08: Share
- Mod 09: Contacts and Appointments
- Mod 10: Start, Tiles, Notifications, and Lock Screen
- Mod 11: The Windows Store
- Mod 12: Great Windows Store apps
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.