Scott sits down with Gautam Thapar from the Azure Application Platform team and explores Azure Templates as a way to expand on the concept of File New. Azure Templates allow you to create large groups of resources with descriptive JSON files and a single gesture.
Areas covered in this video:
- Use Azure Templates to provision and deploy Azure resources in seconds
- An Azure Template is a description of an Azure application's resources
- Notifications show details that occur when you use an Azure Template
- The Website + SQL Azure Template
- How Azure Templates are described using JSON
Useful topics and links:
- The Azure Preview Portal – Tour and learn more about the Azure portal. View the details for each Azure Template in the Gallery.
- Overviews of Azure Services – Learn about the different Azure services.
- Resource Manager and Preview Portal with Gautam Thapar and Nathan Totten
- Azure Resource Group Model: Modern Management for Modern Cloud