Azure WebSites - Deployment Slots for Staging Sites
Azure Websites recently added support for multiple deployment "slots" like Dev, Test, and Staging. Daria Grigoriu shows Scott how this works and we look at scenarios where slots can be useful.
Areas covered in this video:
- Understanding deployment slots and reasons to use them
- Understanding the support for deployment, configuration, and validation
- Reviewing an example of using deployment slots
- Swapping the example website to production, rolling back, and redeploying
Useful topics and links:
- Deployment slots in Azure Websites expanded to 4+1 slots
- Staged Deployment on Microsoft Azure Web Sites
- Azure WebSites - Automatic and Easy Backup
- Azure WebSites - Traffic Manager and Global Load Balancing
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.