Josh shows Scott how to set up hybrid connections through the new Azure portal. Hybrid connections are an excellent alternative to an on-site VPN for talking to local resources from Azure.
Areas covered in this video:
- Use the Azure Preview Portal to add a Hybrid Connection
- Hybrid Connection Listener Setup
- See that an MVC app's Web.config is used to connect to the database
- Verify data changes made through the Azure web site are reflected in the local database
Useful topics and links:
- Hybrid Connections - A Hybrid Connection provides an easy and convenient way to connect Azure applications, like Web Sites and Mobile Services, to an on-premises resource.
- Azure mobile service using Hybrid Connections - Connect to an on-premises SQL Server from an Azure mobile service using Hybrid Connections.
- Azure web site using Hybrid Connections - Connect to an on-premises SQL Server from an Azure web site using Hybrid Connections.
- The Azure Preview Portal – Tour and learn more about the Azure portal.
- Announcing Hybrid Connections: Building Amazing Hybrid Web Sites and Mobile Apps in Minutes
- Connect to an on-premises SQL Server from Azure Mobile Services using Hybrid Connections
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.