Josh shows Scott how to set up hybrid connections through the new Azure portal. Hybrid connections are an excellent alternative to an on-site VPN for talking to local resources from Azure.
Areas covered in this video:
- Use the Azure Preview Portal to add a Hybrid Connection
- Hybrid Connection Listener Setup
- See that an MVC app's Web.config is used to connect to the database
- Verify data changes made through the Azure web site are reflected in the local database
Useful topics and links:
- Hybrid Connections - A Hybrid Connection provides an easy and convenient way to connect Azure applications, like Web Sites and Mobile Services, to an on-premises resource.
- Azure mobile service using Hybrid Connections - Connect to an on-premises SQL Server from an Azure mobile service using Hybrid Connections.
- Azure web site using Hybrid Connections - Connect to an on-premises SQL Server from an Azure web site using Hybrid Connections.
- The Azure Preview Portal – Tour and learn more about the Azure portal.
- Announcing Hybrid Connections: Building Amazing Hybrid Web Sites and Mobile Apps in Minutes
- Connect to an on-premises SQL Server from Azure Mobile Services using Hybrid Connections
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.