Download this episode
In this episode, Steve and Wade are joined by both Corey Sanders—a PM on the Windows Azure Fabric Controller team—and Cory Fowler—Canada’s only Windows Azure MVP—as they discuss the Virtual Machine (VM) Role in Windows Azure. Corey explains the purpose of VM Role, how to get it set up and working, and when to use it (and not use it).
Reviewing the news, Wade and Steve:
- Highlight the February 2011 update of the Windows Azure Platform Training Kit and Course
- Reveal a new node available for the Windows Azure CDN in Doha, QT
- Review MD5 checking in Windows Azure Blobs
- Discuss the improved experience for Java Developers with Windows Azure
- Cover the availability of a schema-free graph engine called Neo4j on Windows Azure
If you’re looking to try out the Windows Azure Platform free for 30-days—without using a credit card—try the Windows Azure Pass with promo code “CloudCover”.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.