In this episode Nick Harris, Chris Risner and Mat Velloso are joined by Vittorio Bertocci - Principal Program Manager on Azure Active Directory. In this episode Vittorio the Open Web Interface for .NET (OWIN) components which enable authentication through WS-Federation. Using OWIN Vittorio demonstrates easily securing an MVC web application with Windows Azure Active Directory. These modules help developers make their code safer and more secure by minimizing complexity and removing the requirement of understanding how authentication plumbing works.
Useful links from the show:
- ExpressRoute Dedicated Networking, Web Site Backup Restore, Mobile Services .NET support, Hadoop 2.2, and more
- A Developer Preview of the Active Directory Authentication Library (ADAL) v2
- WS-Federation in Microsoft OWIN Components–a quick start
- Vittorios Blog - CloudIdentity.com
- Active Directory Team Blog