Episode 178: Azure API Apps with Panos Kefalidis
In this episode Chris Risner is joined by fellow Technical Evangelist, Panos Kefalidis. Panos joins us to talk about Azure App Service API Apps. First we quickly review what Azure App Service is and how it combines different complimentary pieces into a single uniform platform. Then we talk about API Apps and how they provide extended metadata for APIs (written in any language) to enable more easy consumption and distribution. One of the very powerful features of API Apps is it's Swagger metadata generation for creating client SDKs to talk to your APIs. Panos wraps up the show by creating a Logic App that consumes the API App he earlier created and deployed into Azure.
Links from the show:
- Previous show on Logic Apps
- [01:36] - Agenda
- [01:51] - What is App Service?
- [05:12] - Differences between API Apps and API Management
- [08:36] - Platform benefits
- [10:15] - Developing API Apps
- [12:54] - More on Swagger
- [16:46] - Logic Apps and pre-built API Connectors
- [18:13] - Demos
- [33:45] - Creating an API App client SDK with Visual Studio
- Azure App Service documentation
- API Apps User Voice
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.