Episode 180: Mesosphere with Ben Hindman
In this episode Chris Risner is joined by Ben Hindman, one of the founders and Chief Architect at Mesosphere. Mesosphere is based off of the open source Apache Mesos project and makes it easier to run many distributed systems on the same cluster of nodes at the same time. Ben starts by explaining what Mesos and Mesosphere are and then jumps into the Mesosphere dashboard. The dashboard allows us to see how many nodes are running in our cluster and what applications they're running. Ben then goes in and runs through installing a sample web app into his cluster. This includes Oinker which is the actual web app in addition to Spark which does analytics.
Links from the show:
- [00:39] - What is Mesos and Mesosphere?
- [03:37] - Start of Ben's demo
- [06:22] - Deploying a sample web app
- [09:20] - Installing Spark
- [13:00] - Seeing installed application's in the dashboard
- Our previous show on Docker
- Getting started with Mesosphere on Azure
- Email mesos at firstname.lastname@example.org
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.