Download this episode
In this episode Chris Risner and Haishi Bai are joined by Guy Bowerman, Program Manager on the Azure Compute Engineering team focusing on Linux and Scale. He joins us to talk about Virtual Machine Scale Sets. Scale Sets are a way to deploy and manage a set of identical VMs. Scale Sets handles scaling up and down of your VMs in an intelligent manner so the correct VM is always spun down. Scale Sets also integrate with Azure Autoscale and Azure Load Balancer. Scale Sets are currently in private preview but will very soon be in public preview.
Links from the show:
- [00:41] - Guy's presentation
- [04:36] - An overview of Azure's Next Gen Cloud Platform
- [05:31] - Deploying a Scale Set
- [08:11] - Comparing Using ARM with VMs and with Scale Sets
- [09:36] - Challenges of Scale
- [13:40] - Scale Set Scenarios
- [24:53] - Scripting Scale Sets
- [28:18] - Exploring Scale Sets in Azure Resource Explorer
- Azure Scale Set example on GitHub
- Cloud Cover show on Azure Resource Manager that Guy mentions
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.