Episode 191: Virtual Machine Scale Sets with Guy Bowerman
In this episode Chris Risner and Haishi Bai are joined by Guy Bowerman, Program Manager on the Azure Compute Engineering team focusing on Linux and Scale. He joins us to talk about Virtual Machine Scale Sets. Scale Sets are a way to deploy and manage a set of identical VMs. Scale Sets handles scaling up and down of your VMs in an intelligent manner so the correct VM is always spun down. Scale Sets also integrate with Azure Autoscale and Azure Load Balancer. Scale Sets are currently in private preview but will very soon be in public preview.
Links from the show:
- [00:41] - Guy's presentation
- [04:36] - An overview of Azure's Next Gen Cloud Platform
- [05:31] - Deploying a Scale Set
- [08:11] - Comparing Using ARM with VMs and with Scale Sets
- [09:36] - Challenges of Scale
- [13:40] - Scale Set Scenarios
- [24:53] - Scripting Scale Sets
- [28:18] - Exploring Scale Sets in Azure Resource Explorer
- Azure Scale Set example on GitHub
- Cloud Cover show on Azure Resource Manager that Guy mentions
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.