Episode 192: Azure Mobile Engagement with Piyush Joshi
In this episode Chris Risner and Haishi Bai are joined by Piyush Joshi, Program Manager on the Azure Mobile Engagement team. Mobile Engagement just GAed last month and helps you to collect analytics on user behavior, measure those analytics, and then respond using marketing campaigns and push notifications. A great example of this is if you have an eCommerce application, you can track users that add items to their cart but don't make a purchase and trigger a push notification to them with a coupon to encourage them to complete the purchase. The SDKs for Mobile Engagement enable out of app notifications, as well as rich and actionable in-app notifications that are customizable. Furthermore, the Mobile Engagement portal provides an easy interface for marketers to trigger those push notifications without having to understand all of the intricacies of push notifications.
Links from the show:
- [00:26] - Piyush's presentation
- [08:19] - Creating Mobile Engagement in the Azure Portal
- [07:24] - The Azure Mobile Engagement Portal
- [19:22] - The iOS Demo code
- [24:52] - Triggering Push Notifications from the Portal
- [31:08] - Emoji Push Notifications!
- [34:29] - In-App Surveys
- Azure Mobile Engagement Overview
- Azure Mobile Engagement forums
- In the News: GA of Cloud Foundry and Preview of Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- In the News: RedHat Microsoft Azure Partnership
- In the News: Transactional Replication to Azure SQL DB
- In the News: How Halo5 Implemented Social Gameplay with DocumentDB
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.