Episode 196: Migrating to Mobile Apps with Matthew Henderson
In this episode Chris Risner and Haishi Bai are joined by Matthew Henderson, Program Manager on the Azure App Service team. Matthew joins us to discuss how you can migrate and upgrade your Azure Mobile Services into Azure App Service Mobile Apps. Mobile Apps provides a next generation version of the backend for your mobile apps and provides for greater functionality over Mobile Services. In the video, Matthew walks through a current Mobile Service and it's connected application and performs a migration to Mobile Apps. Next he goes through steps you would take to upgrade a .NET Mobile Service backend to a Mobile App.
Links from the show:
- [02:20] - Mobile Services in the Current Portal
- [06:00] - Migrating vs Upgrading
- [07:10] - Migrating a Node Mobile Service in the Classic Portal
- [11:50] - Finding the Mobile App in the Current Portal
- [12:55] - Looking at App Settings for your migrated Mobile App
- [20:38] - Upgrading a .NET Backend
- Migrating Node and .NET Mobile Services to Mobile Apps
- Upgrading .NET Mobile Services to Mobile Apps
- Azure App Service
- Azure Mobile Apps
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.