Episode 205: Azure Functions with Chris Anderson
In this episode Haishi Bai and Romit Girdhar are joined by Chris Anderson, Program Manager on the Azure App Service team focusing on Azure Functions. Azure Functions provides a way to host code that can respond to a variety of different triggers. Currently Azure Functions has first class support for C# and Node with additional functionality on the way (PowerShell, F#, Python, etc).
Links from the show:
- [01:26] - Chris' presentation
- [03:01] - What is Azure Functions?
- [04:07] - Web Jobs vs Functions
- [18:30] - How pricing works
- [21:20] - Functions and Logic Apps demo
- [29:35] - Bot Framework demo
- [32:30] - Function monitoring demo
- Azure Functions homepage
- Azure Functions signup
- Azure Functions SDK in GitHub
- Introducing Azure Functions at Build