In this episode Haishi Bai and Romit Girdhar are joined by Chris Anderson, Program Manager on the Azure App Service team focusing on Azure Functions. Azure Functions provides a way to host code that can respond to a variety of different triggers. Currently Azure Functions has first class support for C# and Node with additional functionality on the way (PowerShell, F#, Python, etc).
Links from the show:
- [01:26] - Chris' presentation
- [03:01] - What is Azure Functions?
- [04:07] - Web Jobs vs Functions
- [18:30] - How pricing works
- [21:20] - Functions and Logic Apps demo
- [29:35] - Bot Framework demo
- [32:30] - Function monitoring demo
- Azure Functions homepage
- Azure Functions signup
- Azure Functions SDK in GitHub
- Introducing Azure Functions at Build