Episode 207: Netflix Spinnaker on Azure with Andy Glover, Richard Guthrie, and Arun Chandrasekhar
In this episode Haishi Bai is joined by Andy Glover, Richard Guthrie and Arun Chandrasekhar to talk about Spinnaker, Netflix's open source, multi-cloud, global Continuous Delivery platform. Spinnaker is designed to be pluggable, allowing different tasks, models and targets to be incorporated into the deployment pipeline. It supports various deployment targets such as Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Platform, Kubernetes, and Cloud Foundry. Now with Microsoft's contribution, Spinnaker also deploys to Microsoft Azure! After a brief overview by Andy and Arun, Richard and Andy shows a number of deployment pipelines and scenarios to showcase how you can leverage Spinnaker to automate Continuous Delivery pipelines.
Links from the show:
- [02:28] - Andy's Spinnaker overview
- [06:34] - Arun's Azure Spinnaker overview
- [13:54] - Richard's introduction demos
- [20:57] - Andy's pipeline demos
- [33:42] - Richard's application upgrade demo
- Spinnaker's home page
- Spinnaker's GitHub repo
- Azure Spinnaker getting started guide (coming soon)
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.