Download this episode
In this episode, Steve and Wade are joined by Brent Stineman, a Windows Azure MVP, who shows us how to use page blobs in Windows Azure to do random access reads and writes. He even shows a demo of downloading a blob while it's being created.
In the news:
- Accessing a Service on the Windows Azure Service Bus from Windows Phone 7
- Autoscaling Windows Azure Applications
- Building and Deploying Windows Azure Projects Using MSBuild and TFS 2010
- Sogeti Creates the Windows Azure Privilege Club
Brent's blog posts about page blobs:
- A Page at a Time (Page Blobs - Year of Azure Week 7)
- Page, After Page, After Page (Year of Azure Week 8) (includes the full source code for Brent's demo)
*Correction: Smarx had it wrong (and convinced Wade and Brent)! Page blobs have a maximum size of one terabyte, not two terabytes as stated in the show.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.