In this episode, Steve and Wade are joined by Brent Stineman, a Windows Azure MVP, who shows us how to use page blobs in Windows Azure to do random access reads and writes. He even shows a demo of downloading a blob while it's being created.
In the news:
- Accessing a Service on the Windows Azure Service Bus from Windows Phone 7
- Autoscaling Windows Azure Applications
- Building and Deploying Windows Azure Projects Using MSBuild and TFS 2010
- Sogeti Creates the Windows Azure Privilege Club
Brent's blog posts about page blobs:
- A Page at a Time (Page Blobs - Year of Azure Week 7)
- Page, After Page, After Page (Year of Azure Week 8) (includes the full source code for Brent's demo)
*Correction: Smarx had it wrong (and convinced Wade and Brent)! Page blobs have a maximum size of one terabyte, not two terabytes as stated in the show.