3 | MSN and Universal Store: Combining PaaS with Configuration Management
MSN is one of the largest sites in the world as well as one of the largest hosted on Azure, with billions of daily page views. The team decided that a combination PaaS with a configuration management solution would be a great approach to enable them to reach the scale that their solution requires. We spend some time talking to Eugene from the engineering team behind the platform.
- [01:03] IaaS vs PaaS
- [02:54] Configuration Management
- [05:13] Bootstrapper
- [05:51] Benefits
- [06:32] Handling multiple regions
- Azure Cloud Services + Chef Client bootstrapper available on GitHub
- MSN Case Study, with details about their CMS at cloud scale
- DevOps Fundamentals video series, to take the journey toward DevOps
Follow on Social
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.