6 | Blameless Postmortems with Pushpay
Pushpay are making a disruptive change to how people and organizations exchange money, and their product teams are known for having a great culture. In this episode Thiago Almeida chats with Josh Robb, VP Engineering at Pushpay to discuss their journey and how they implemented a culture of Blameless Postmortems, what it means and its benefits. Check out the video or dive into the specific point below, then continue the story with the next steps below.
- [01:20] What are blameless postmortems, how it relates to continuous delivery, and why do Pushpay do it?
- [04:20] What do blameless postmortems look like at Pushpay?
- [08:23] What are examples of postmortems other than production issue related ones?
- [10:17] Getting the team to buy into the culture
- [15:30] What metrics to measure when doing blameless postmortems
- [17:40] What beneficial impacts did blameless postmortems bring to Pushpay?
- [20:55] How to share the learnings?
- [23:21] Minimizing the impact of production bug impact by using feature flags and code reviews
- John Allspaw (@allspaw) and Etsy's material on Postmortems - their article on postmortems in particular was Pushpay's starting point
- John Allspaw's article on why asking how is much more useful than the 5 Whys
- Book from Dave Zwieback on the Human Side of postmortems
- Visual Studio Team Services
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.