It is often thought that deployment automation is difficult and takes time away from working on features but the benefits can outweigh the costs in the long run. Damian Brady, Solution Architect at Octopus Deploy, discusses DevOps practices around deployment automation in this episode of DevOps Dimensions. Learn the reasons and benefits why to automate, deployment best practices, and what not to do in terms of deployment automation.
Find a topic:
- [00:45] What are some deployment automation best practices?
- [01:49] Why should you automate?
- [04:36] Why should you deploy consistently across environments?
- [08:00] Where to start with deployment automation?
- [15:10] What are barriers to automation and how to get over them?
- [25:00] How to get started?
- Get started with DevOps Fundamentals
- Learn more about DevOps with DevOps Dimensions
- Watch the .NET Deployment Strategies: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly (NDC London)
- Learn How to Automate Deployment using Octopus Deploy & VSTS
What do you think? Send us an email, comment below in the comments area on Channel 9, or tweet us at @TheOpsTeam
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.