In this episode, Damien sits down with Alison Hawke, QA practice lead, World Wide Technology, to talk about how changing the way your team does testing can improve your software, and make your lives more fun. With bonus eavesdropping, apprentices, donuts, and soak tests. They talk about what to automate, how to train a newbie QA, and why QA people have one of the best jobs in software.
- [03:06] QA people eavesdrop all the time
- [03:11] Bribery as a means to better software
- [04:38] Test automation, what and why
- [06:45] Soak testing to make small defects huge
- [07:21] Starting a QA practice in a company
- [08:35] Training QA apprentices
For More Information:
- Article: 'Why Do We Use Embedded Quality Advocates in Agile Application Development?'
- Talk slides: 'Building a QA practice from Scratch'
- Create a Free Azure Account
- Azure DevOps Docs
- Azure DevOps YouTube