In Edge Show episode 135, interview on Microsoft's new updates to Application Insights including app performance monitoring and other telemetry with Rahul Bagaria, Program Manager at Microsoft.
More specifically at [00:40], we cover:
- What are the big changes which have recently happened with Application Insights?
- [02:20] How is application performance monitoring different now than utilizing the existing microsoft monitoring agent?
- [03:36] What is all of the telemetry you get if you use only the status monitor agent?
- [04:33] Demo: Installing and configuring the status monitor agent on an Azure VM
- [07:31] Demo: How you might be able to automate the agent installation to multiple nodes utilizing the vm extension and implications using this option versus the manual install
- [09:30] What telemetry do get if you utilize only the code addition?
- [10:25] Demo: Adding the App Insights code to the app in Visual Studio IDE
- [12:15] Demo: What data / telemetry do you get back inside the Azure portal?
- [13:57] Demo: Solving a failed request problem with a SQL database call
- [17:34] Demo: Solving a performance problem with website .Net code
- [18:38] Demo: How might I setup automated alerts and file these issues / bugs into the developer backlog?
- Application Insights User Voice forum for product feedback
- Application Insights free trial
- Get Started with Application Insights
Check out the January 2015 Microsoft DevOps news highlights at: https://aka.ms/DevOpsNews
Connect with the Edge Team: