In Edge Show 141, learn how to use the new Chef Provisioning capabilities to provision machines and applications to Microsoft Azure in this demo heavy interview with John Keiser from Chef. John walks through all the steps you need to get this running yourself as well as helpful insights from one of the engineers responsible for developing this functionality. More specifically we cover:
- [09:25] What is the history behind Chef provisioning and why does it exist?
- [02:19] Were there other names to Chef provisioning and why did it change?
- [03:03] Demo: Format of a Chef provisioning recipe
- [05:00] Demo: setup pre-requisite steps to be able to use Chef provisioning
- [07:04] Demo: editing the provisioning recipe
- [09:10] Demo: executing the provisioning recipe in local mode (chef-client -z)
- [11:01] Demo: how to create 10 machines using chef provisioning
- [13:10] Demo: re-running a chef provisioning recipe where the machine already exists
Sign up for a free trial of Windows Azure - http://aka.ms/aztrial
Check out the March 2015 Microsoft DevOps news highlights at: http://aka.ms/DevOpsNews
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.