Download this episode
Get insight from DevOps experts in this panel interview shot live at TechEd NorthAmerica 2014 on the Channel 9 stage. On the panel we have Richard Seroter, Mickey Gousset, and Bradley Millington and we specifically cover these questions:
- [02:08] When have you seen Development, Operations, and the Business people work well or not together?
- [05:37] Are you seeing companies bring in new "DevOps" titled employees or are they hiring from existing employees? Why?
- [08:05] How does the Microsoft Azure team utilize DevOps principles in regards to people?
- [11:52] How are you seeing infrastructure as code making an impact with DevOps?
- [14:30] Where do you see process helping or hindering with DevOps?
- [18:20] Where do you see developers desiring for operations to help them out?
- [20:05] What's the future vision of the new Microsoft Azure portal to integrate Development with Operations in the overall application lifecycle?
- [21:28] Where do you see PowerShell DSC play a part with DevOps?
- [23:00] What Open Source development tools do you (Richard) find useful which interoperate with Microsoft products and what would you like to see which doesn't exist yet?
- [24:35] Where do you (Mickey) find customers using System Center tools with DevOps?
- [25:33] Why did Microsoft create the new Microsoft Azure portal?
- [27:44] How is Microsoft embracing open source with the new Microsoft Azure portal?
- [25:08] Why don't we see Docker being supported on Windows?
- [30:44] Any general tips to companies who want to get started with DevOps?
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.