See how the new Azure Portal lights up an end-to-end development and operations experience through all phases of the application lifecycle in this demo-heavy session with Stephen Siciliano, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft.
In the technical interview that starts at [04:52], we cover:
- [05:45] What ways can the new Azure portal help with "DevOps user experiences"?
- [06:44] Demo: New team project
- [08:10] Demo: Editing code inside the portal
- [10:22] Demo: Code differential from commits
- [11:00] Demo: Setting up continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) with Azure Websites
- [12:24] What are some recommended practices for setting up staging environments and branching?
- [13:37] Demo: CI & CD deployment history
- [15:48] Demo: Metrics and Monitoring for native Azure infrastructure
- [15:25] Demo: Lighting up additional functionality with Application Insights
- [17:31] Demo: Customizing the Azure portal itself for Ops
Sign up for Visual Studio Online for free (which includes App Insights Preview) - http://aka.ms/vsotrial
Sign up for an Azure Trial at http://aka.ms/AzTrial and then visit the preview portal at http://portal.azure.com
- Yammer Enterprise now included in Office 365 Midsize and Education plans
- EMC hybrid storage solution for Microsoft Azure
- New MVA course on App-V
- NetApp Introduces Private Storage for Microsoft Azure
- All Surface Pro 3 models are now available to purchase
- GRIT 1.2 Tool updated
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.