See how the new Azure Portal lights up an end-to-end development and operations experience through all phases of the application lifecycle in this demo-heavy session with Stephen Siciliano, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft.
In the technical interview that starts at [04:52], we cover:
- [05:45] What ways can the new Azure portal help with "DevOps user experiences"?
- [06:44] Demo: New team project
- [08:10] Demo: Editing code inside the portal
- [10:22] Demo: Code differential from commits
- [11:00] Demo: Setting up continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) with Azure Websites
- [12:24] What are some recommended practices for setting up staging environments and branching?
- [13:37] Demo: CI & CD deployment history
- [15:48] Demo: Metrics and Monitoring for native Azure infrastructure
- [15:25] Demo: Lighting up additional functionality with Application Insights
- [17:31] Demo: Customizing the Azure portal itself for Ops
Sign up for Visual Studio Online for free (which includes App Insights Preview) - http://aka.ms/vsotrial
Sign up for an Azure Trial at http://aka.ms/AzTrial and then visit the preview portal at http://portal.azure.com
- Yammer Enterprise now included in Office 365 Midsize and Education plans
- EMC hybrid storage solution for Microsoft Azure
- New MVA course on App-V
- NetApp Introduces Private Storage for Microsoft Azure
- All Surface Pro 3 models are now available to purchase
- GRIT 1.2 Tool updated
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.