In this show we take a first look at new features and functionality in the Azure RMS sharing application that enable you to share anything with anyone, safely and securely on any storage platform. Guiding us through is @TheRMSGuy Dan Plastina, Group Manager for RMS (and before you ask that means he manages development of the products). Dan and Simon May also talk through how the RMS team get feedback and some of the surprises we've had and some of the improvements to the on-prem infrastructure you can deploy to support your protection efforts.
In the technical interview that starts at [04:50], we cover:
- [05:16] The customer advisory board
- [09:49] Not just Office documents
- [12:00] Demo: sharing files
- [15:00] It's an iPad!!!
- [20:22] Template and scopes (templates = company policies)
- [20:56] On-premises components
- [29:32] Apps on everything...
You can try the Azure RMS Connect Preview at https://portal.aadrm.com/
Check out the RMS blog too for tons more info.
- Office eDiscovery http://blogs.office.com/2014/08/27/search-sensitive-content-sharepoint-onedrive-documents/
- The Azure RMS documentation library got a major update last week
- Lync Mobile http://blogs.office.com/2014/08/26/lync-mobile-update-gallery-view-ipad-participant-management-ipad-iphone/
- Windows Phone RDP from Cortana! https://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2014/08/05/microsoft-remote-desktop-preview-v8-1-3-update-for-windows-phone-8-1-available-today-for-download.aspx
MVA: 3 new Hybrid cloud courses
Connect with the Edge Team: