In this episode Symon interviews Charlie Satterfield, a Senior Program Manager on the System Center Operations Manager team, to discuss the new Management Pack (MP) for System Center Virtual Machine Manager. This MP shows centralized and more detailed information about the virtualization infrastructure which is managed by SCVMM. This includes the Hyper-V hosts, clusters and virtual machines running on them, as well as the relationships between these objects. Get the Management Pack here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43707
The interview with Charlie begins at [03:55]:
- [04:55] What exactly is a Management Pack and how does Operations Manager use it?
- [05:00] How does Operations Manager process and display information it receives?
- [05:45] What is the difference between the operations database and data warehouse database?
- [06:30] Can a Management Pack use both databases simultaneously?
- [06:50] How does Operations Manager visualize the data?
- [07:35] What are the capabilities of the first Management Pack released for Virtual Machine Manager?
- [08:20] What are the capabilities of this new Management Pack released for Virtual Machine Manager?
- [09:30] What are the setup requirements to use the new VMM MP?
- Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2929891
- Import the Management Packs for the new widgets and dashboards: https://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2014/04/24/new-widgets-and-dashboard.aspx. Learn more about the new visualizations in Edge Show 112 – New Widgets & Dashboards with Operations Manager in System Center 2012 R2.
- [19:15] Where can people get the dashboard and learn more?
- New Management Pack for Virtual Machine Manager: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43707
- Operations Manager Team Blog: https://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/
- [00:30] Azure Updates: Role-Based Access Control, Websites, SQL and much more
- [01:15] Windows Intune has Zero Day support for iOS8
- [02:20] OneDrive now supports files over 10GB in size
- [02:40] Gartner Magic Quadrant: Microsoft Office 365 a Leader in Enterprise Social
- [03:00] New Keyboard for iOS, Windows and Android devices
Connect with the Edge Team: