In this episode - we have a cool announcement about some new offerings in the Azure IaaS VM space. Rick managed to get a quick interview with Kenaz Kwa, Program manager on the Microsoft Azure Runtime Team - part of the IaaS compute team. Kenaz talks about the release of the new D-Series virtual machines in IaaS:
- They are approximately 40-50% faster CPU wise then previous VMs sizes
- They have double the memory to core ratio
- They can be up to 5 time faster disk performance on the non-persistent disks.
After chatting for a bit - Kenaz does a demo of the provisioning and also some raw performance on the disk with IOmeter. Short, sweet and to the point.
You can read the FULL details (including provisioning scripts) in his blog post which can be found here: https://azure.microsoft.com/blog/2014/09/22/new-d-series-virtual-machine-sizes
Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) for Windows 8.1 Update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39982New Jump Start on 9/26 - Azure Resource Manager DevOps Jump Start (with David): https://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/liveevents/azure-resource-manager-devops-jump-start
- New MVA courses
- Jump start now available: Migrating Legacy Windows Server to 2012 R2 and Microsoft Azure: https://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/migrate-legacy-windows-server-to-2012-r2-and-microsoft-azure
- Getting the Most out of Your Office 365 Trial: https://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/getting-the-most-out-of-your-office-365-trial
- Expanding Office 365 with Enterprise Mobility Suite: https://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/expanding-office-365-with-enterprise-mobility-suite
- Data Platform Immersion v3.1: https://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/data-platform-immersion-v3-1
- Azure Active Directory Basic GA: https://blogs.technet.com/b/ad/archive/2014/09/15/azure-active-directory-basic-is-now-ga.aspx
- Azure AD sync is GA: https://blogs.technet.com/b/ad/archive/2014/09/16/azure-active-directory-sync-is-now-ga.aspx
Connect with the Edge Team: