See why Azure resource manager is so important for anyone who uses Azure, an enabler of a key DevOps practice using infrastructure and configuration as code, and learn about how it works in this demo-heavy interview with Kevin Lam, Principal Program Manager at Microsoft. We also demo the newly released Role Based Access Control (RBAC) feature inside of Microsoft Azure.
More specifically at [06:23], we cover:
- What is Azure Resource Manager? Resource Groups, Management Layer, RBAC, Deployment Templates
- [10:12] Demo: PowerShell to view and download deployment templates
- [11:28] Demo: Viewing the deployment template from the gallery
- [12:00] Demo: Understanding some deployment template fundamentals
- [15:04] Demo: Understanding the parameters template file
- [16:15] Demo: Deployment of the infrastructure and application using the custom template via PowerShell
- [17:12] Why might you use deployment templates and Azure Resource manager for provisioning over other methods like native PowerShell, Microsoft Azure Markup Language (MAML), Chef, or Puppet?
- [17:55] Demo: Visualization of Resource groups in the new Azure Portal
- [21:00] Demo: Assigning permissions using Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
Windows 10 preview is here!
Register for the Azure Resource Manager LIVE Jumpstart October 9th or view the course recording at a later date
Connect with the Edge Team: