Download this episode
- Last week the Windows 8 Consumer preview and Windows 8 Server beta was released
- This week, SQL Server 2012 was released
At [01:05] Adam Carter, showed usthe new Windows Server 8 Beta Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) / Remote Desktop Services and explained how this related to the Consumerization of IT. More specifically, we cover:
- Demo adding Windows Server 8 VDI
- New wizard and when to use Standard deployment versus Quick Start
- VDI Client being deployed and connecting via RDP
- User Disks
- Differences between Pooled & Personal Virtual Desktops and Session virtualization. When would you want to use one versus the other?
- How does Windows Server 8 patch the virtual machines?
- How to upgrade users quickly to Windows 8?
- Remote Apps
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.