This week in the news for TechNet Edge Show Episode 2 we cover the System Center 2012 product release announcements and a little bit about what each of these products do:
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager – Release Candidate available
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection – Release Candidate available
- System Center 2012 Service Manager – Beta available
- System Center 2012 Application Controller – Beta available
- System Center 2012 Orchestrator – Release Candidate available
Starting at [03:30] – we interview Principal Program manager Jeffrey Sutherland on how System Center Configuration Manger 2012 manages mobile devices. More specifically, we ask:
- What are the advantages of managing mobile devices using Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) with SCCM versus natively in Exchange or Office 365?
- How does SCCM utilize EAS to manage mobile devices?
- How frequently does SCCM query the CAS for the updates to detected devices?
- Where is the connecting device type stored at?
- How can you connect to multiple exchange organizations to manage devices?
- How can we do deeper device management with SCCM 2012 than what EAS provides?
- What kind of architecture design can you have with your Enrollment server, EWS, and DMP?
- How can you streamline the enrollment process for devices under deeper management using SCCM?
Download a trial of the System Center 2012 products @ http://aka.ms/SCTrial
Read a blog post from Jeffrey about MDM in SCCM 2012
Connect with the Edge Team: