Download this episode
This week in the news for TechNet Edge Show Episode 2 we cover the System Center 2012 product release announcements and a little bit about what each of these products do:
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager – Release Candidate available
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection – Release Candidate available
- System Center 2012 Service Manager – Beta available
- System Center 2012 Application Controller – Beta available
- System Center 2012 Orchestrator – Release Candidate available
Starting at [03:30] – we interview Principal Program manager Jeffrey Sutherland on how System Center Configuration Manger 2012 manages mobile devices. More specifically, we ask:
- What are the advantages of managing mobile devices using Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) with SCCM versus natively in Exchange or Office 365?
- How does SCCM utilize EAS to manage mobile devices?
- How frequently does SCCM query the CAS for the updates to detected devices?
- Where is the connecting device type stored at?
- How can you connect to multiple exchange organizations to manage devices?
- How can we do deeper device management with SCCM 2012 than what EAS provides?
- What kind of architecture design can you have with your Enrollment server, EWS, and DMP?
- How can you streamline the enrollment process for devices under deeper management using SCCM?
Download a trial of the System Center 2012 products @ http://aka.ms/SCTrial
Read a blog post from Jeffrey about MDM in SCCM 2012
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.