Download this episode
- [00:45] Windows Server 2012 RTM Dates Announced
- [01:50] An updated System Center Operations Manager MP was releaded for Windows Server 2008 R2 (and earlier) http://aka.ms/SCOMUpdateJuly
- [02:35] System Center SP1 CTP2 is available as VHDs for several System Center 2012 components http://aka.ms/SC2012CTPVHDs
- [03:45] The Windows Server 2012 licensing model has been announced http://aka.ms/Server2012Editions
- [06:20] System Center 2012 "Self-Study" resource guides are available http://aka.ms/SC2012StudyGuides
- [07:20] Feedback is wanted on the beta version of the System Center 2012 VMM Infrastructure Planning & Design (IPD) guide http://aka.ms/VMMIPDBeta
- [08:15] The beta for the Virtual Machine Servicing Tool (VMST) has been released http://aka.ms/VMSTBeta
Technical Interview: At [10:25] Symon met with Stephen Baron, a Senior Program Manager Lead for System Center, to discuss VMM Service Templates. Stephen first provides a list of challenges with traditional virtualization templates then talks about the changes and new features in System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager. Next they talk about what can be used within a Service Template and Stephen explains the different deployment tiers and networking options. Stephen then talks about the benefits of standardization in the private cloud and how templates help achieve this goal to benefit both the IT team and application owners. Finally they discuss the changes coming in System Center 2012 SP1. At [29:25] Stephen shows a series of demos for configuring and managing Service Templates.
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.