Download this episode
- [00:20] SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 is now available! http://aka.ms/SQL2008R2SP2
- [00:45] SQL Server 2012 has released its Community Technology Preview (CTP) for SP1 http://aka.ms/SQL2012SP1CTP3
- [01:20] An update rollup is now available for System Center 2012 http://aka.ms/SC2012Update2
- [02:55] Microsoft has released Outlook.com for advanced online email http://aka.ms/OutlookMail
- [04:25] Check out the new Infrastructure Planning and Design Guide for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) http://aka.ms/IPDGuide
Technical Interview: At [06:10] Symon met with Ake Pettersson, a Senior Program Manager for System Center, to discuss the upcoming changes in System Center 2012 SP1 for Operations Manager. Some of the enhancements to the infrastructure include monitoring improvements for storage and virtual networks, including adding diagrams of virtual networks to the network vicinity dashboard. Application Performance Monitoring (APM) has also expanded to support WCF, MVC, .NET Window Services, SharePoint 2010, Azure SDK as well as monitoring of external websites through the Global Service Monitor. Finally Ake discusses some of the enhancements to communications through improved dashboards and integration with Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS) to simplify the bug reporting process. At [20:45] Ake shows a series of demos for configuring APM and reporting to TFS.
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.