- [00:20] This month is Windows Server 2012 Launch! http://windows-server-launch.com
- [00:50] Get trained in Windows Server 2012 at one of the upcoming IT Camps worldwide: http://aka.ms/ITCamps
- [01:30] The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) has just released an update to support Windows Server 2012: http://aka.ms/MDT
- [02:00] The Private Cloud Fast Track now offers end-to-end OEM solutions supporting Windows Server 2012: http://aka.ms/FastTrack
- [02:55] Failover Clustering announces support for 8,000 VMs per cluster – the best in industry!
Technical Interview: At [04:17] Symon meets with Elden Christensen, a Principal Program Manager Lead for Windows Server Failover Cluster, to discuss the new continuous availability features just released in Windows Server 2012. First, Elden defines the goals of continual availability for this release and covers some of the features providing greater resiliency for hardware, such as NIC teaming and scale-out file server. Next they talk about some of the new Failover Clustering features, including new scalability and expanded support for Custer Shared Volumes (CSV). They then move to focus on enhancements for virtual machines such as monitoring guest VM services from the host- and cluster-aware updating. Then, at [10:20] Elden shows us a demo with a 64-node cluster hosting over 8,000 VMs and new management enhancements such as VM prioritization and simultaneous live migrations. Elden then wraps up by talking about new types of live migration, Node Maintenance Mode, and the Hyper-V Replica feature.
Connect with the Edge Team: