Download this episode
In this video, Symon Perriman meets with Prabu Rambadran, a Product Marketing Manager in Windows Server & Management, to discuss the upcoming changes in System Center 2012 SP1 for Data Protection Manager (DPM). First Prabu gives an overview of the feature enhancements in DPM for System Center 2012 before focusing on the improvements coming in Service Pack 1 (SP1) and how they take advantage of Windows Server 2012 capabilities. Next Prabu and Symon discuss improvements with backing up and restoring virtual machines, including host-based backups, VM backups, and backups for applications running inside VMs. They spend a few minutes talking about the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) and the differences of VSS-aware applications as regards backup. Then they discuss the differences between backup and disaster recovery, and how to utilize the Hyper-V Replica feature in Windows Server 2012. Finally, they discuss improved integration to backup Linux and Unix VMs, along with simplified management of multiple DPM servers through System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager (SCOM). Prabu ends the interview by showing a demo of backup and restore capabilities to Windows Azure at [17:35].
For more information about System Center 2012 SP1 Data Protection Manager visit http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh758173.aspx.
- [00:10] The Microsoft Holiday Look Book has been released: http://aka.ms/LookBook.
- [01:40] Skype Launches New Online Platform for Small Businesses (SITW): http://aka.ms/SITW.
- [02:55] WS2012 Essentials is available and you can download the evaluation: http://aka.ms/ServerEssentials.
- [04:30] The Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter (for VMware) has just been released: http://aka.ms/MVMC.
- [05:25] There were lots of announcements about new features in SharePoint 2013 at the recent SharePoint conference: http://aka.ms/SharePoint2013.
- [06:45] Remember to check out the case studies of customers using Microsoft's cloud technologies, which can be filtered by industry, brand, solution, country, product, and organization size: http://aka.ms/evidence.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.