Yu-Shun Wang, Program Manager for Windows Azure Networking, discusses the new networking enhancements currently in preview and lets us know some of the implementations they are considering for future releases. We dive into how to setup and configure and then demo the new point-to-site networking in Windows Azure.
In this interview that starts at [04:21], we cover:
- The differences between site-to-site and point to site VPN connections and when you might want to use one versus the other.
- [07:09] Can you use point-to-site and site-to-site to the same virtual network?
- [08:03] How do you connect two Windows Azure virtual networks to each other? How do you connect multiple sites to a single Windows Azure virtual network?
- [09:04] Demo—How to setup and configure a new point-to-site virtual network connection?
- Create a new Virtual Network
- How many clients can the point-to-site connection handle?
- What the gateway subnet does and when you should add it
- [16:38] What kinds of certificates can you use?
- [19:30] How the certificate gets attached to the VPN client and when to install it
- [21:42] What protocols does point-to-site use and what ports do you need to open up on your firewall?
- [22:10] Demo—point-to-site connection working between a VM in Windows Azure and a client machine over the internet.
- [23:50] What is the difference between dynamic and static routing in Windows Azure Networking? When should you use dynamic versus static routing?
- [25:50] What routing protocols are used with dynamic routing? Are we looking into supporting any routing protocols?
- Edge Team on Channel 9 Live at TechEd NA
- Reminder: Edge Interviews @ MMS 2013 http://aka.ms/edgemms
- Lync - Skype Federation now available!
- MAP toolkit 8.5 beta available
- Updates to Windows Azure post GA
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.