At [06:05] Symon Perriman meets with Greg Cusanza, a Senior Program Manager on the System Center team, to talk about new networking capabilities in the upcoming System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager. Greg first gives an overview of the major networking enhancements and how they support the changes coming in Windows Server 2012 R2. Next Greg defines Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Virtualization, and then describes how they are related. The team then discusses forwarding extensions and centralized network management before they move to the first demo at [11:30] where they show the different VMM networking components, such as logical networks and switches. Next Greg talks about the networking isolation enhancements and how they can benefit large organizations and hosters. At [18:20] the team looks at a demo of a virtualized NVGRE gateway being deployed through VMM, and finally a network being deployed by a self-service user through the Windows Azure Pack.
- [00:30] Complete the Edge Show Survey to improve the show and win some gift cards: http://aka.ms/EdgeSurvey
- [00:50] Attend the System Center 2012 R2 Jump Start online event with live Q&A on July 15th: http://aka.ms/SCR2JS
- [01:30] Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit version 8.5 just released: http://aka.ms/map
- [02:35] Gartner research has released their annual virtualization report showing Microsoft as a leader in the industry. Read it here: http://www.gartner.com/technology/reprints.do?id=1-1GJA88J&ct=130628
- [03:30] Download these new previews for upcoming products:
- Hyper-V Server 2012 R2: http://technet.microsoft.com/evalcenter/dn205299
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials: http://technet.microsoft.com/evalcenter/dn205288.aspx
- RSAT for Windows 8.1: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39296
- [05:05] Check out the compatibility guide for moving apps from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27416
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.