Another special edition of The Edge Show where Brad Anderson, Vice President of Windows Server and System Center is back to talk about Transforming the Datacenter. This is the second behind the scenes episode looking at the three planning pillars used to guide the development of Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2.
The whole blog series can be viewed at his "In The Cloud" blog.
Some of the topics covered in this interview:
- [00:58] Open Source technologies and Linux running on Hyper-V.
- [03:40] Managing Linux with Windows and System Center.
- [07:00] Discusion around IaaS and breaking down Networking, Compute and Storage fabrics
- [14:09] Are we becoming Service Providers to our own internal business units?
- [21:11] Identity across all services - on Premise and in the cloud.
- [24:58] Disaster Recovery capabilities with Hyper V Recovery Manager
- [30:52] Final part of the series - enabling Modern Applications
Read the Blog Series at "In The Cloud" blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/in_the_cloud
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.