At [06:34] Symon Perriman meets with Won Huh, a Product Marketing Manager on the System Center team, to talk about the integration of Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) and Operations Manager (SCOM) in System Center 2012 R2. In this release, improved integration across these components has enabled new capabilities and scenarios for infrastructure provisioning and monitoring. First Won provides an introduction of the integration between VMM and SCOM and describes the requirements for configuration and cross-component communication. Next Won describes how VMM can take advantage of alerts and information sent from SCOM to respond to real-time infrastructure changes. The team then discusses how SCOM can leverage VMM to monitor the fabric, including servers, clusters, storage and networking. At [10:25] Won shows a demo of how to configure and utilize these features. Finally the team discusses how Orchestrator and PowerShell can be used to provide additional integration and automation of the infrastructure.
- Windows Azure cloud services achieve FedRAMP Joint Authorization Board (JAB) provisional Authority to Operate (P-ATO).
- Access Enhancements for Azure AD on target before end of 2013 - and will be FREE!
- Netmon replacement Message Analyzer has been released!
- Microsoft Monitoring Agent released for you application servers with intellitrace capabilities
- Visio and Word generator for Orchestrator Runbooks now available
- Designing Orchestrator RunBooks ebook released for free
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.