Learn the inside scoop on the new Windows Remote Desktop App for iOS, Mac OSx, and Android in this interview with Sr. Product Manager Adam Carter. We ask common questions, demo the iOS remote desktop client, and chat about some of the VDI enhancements in Windows Server 2012 R2.
In this interview that starts at [02:22], we cover:
- Why are we doing this?
- [03:55] Demo Microsoft RDP Client on iPad
- [04:20] Configuring the Remote Desktop published list from Windows Server 2012 R2 VDI deployment
- [05:18] Connecting up to Excel remote app and zoom, keyboard, list of other applications, switch to other applications
- [07:10] Playing YouTube video over RDP
- [07:52] Connecting up to Windows Desktop
- [08:35] Trackpad mode
- [09:35] What clients does the application support connecting to?.
- [10:14] What are some of the new enhancements with Windows Server 2012 R2 VDI?
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation – https://aka.ms/win81ent
- Windows 8.1 for IT Pros free ebook
- Cloud OS Evals (Windows Server, System Center, SQL) – https://aka.ms/cloudoseval
- What’s new in System Center 2012 R2 Jumpstart – https://aka.ms/sc2012R2js
- What’s new in Windows Server 2012 R2 Jumpstart – https://aka.ms/ws2012js
- Download the iOS app, Mac OS, or Android Microsoft remote desktop apps
- Download the new Edge Show Windows 8 App
Connect with the Edge Team: