Learn the inside scoop on new capabilities around Linux integration with System Center 2012 R2 in this interview with Principal PM Manager Michael Kelley. Understand the System Center 2012 R2 integration points with various versions of Linux and see demos of it in action!
In this interview that starts at [05:32], we cover:
- Why does Microsoft continue to invest in Linux?
- [07:40] What Linux distributions do we support?
- [09:35] How do we make Linux distributions work on Hyper-V?
- [12:33] What integration points does Linux have with System Center and the private cloud?
- [13:33] Demo: How does System Center Virtual Machine Manager interact with Linux VMs?
- [17:02] Demo: How does the Windows Azure Management Pack create Linux VMs?
- [19:11] Demo: System Center Operations Manager monitoring Linux VMs
- [23:22] Demo: Managing and configuring Linux VMs with System Center Configuration Manager
- Deployment of Java package to Linux VM
- Hardware and software inventory of Linux VM
- [26:44] Can you backup up running Linux VMs using Data Protection Manager?
- [27:28] Can you Orchestrate configurations with Linux using System Center Orchestrator?
- How long has Microsoft been managing Linux?
- New Technet Virtual Labs for Windows Server 2012 R2 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs?id=kiMlFILzuAw
- Surface 2 available for order
- 2 New MVA courses on System Center 2012 R2:
- Infrastructure Provisioning and Management with System Center 2012 R2
- Infrastructure Monitoring with System Center 2012 R2
- Introducing Windows Azure for IT Professionals
- Download the new Edge Show Windows 8 App
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.