At [00:05] Symon Perriman meets with Elden Christensen, a Principal PM Manager on the Server Clustering team, to talk about new high-availability features in Windows Server 2012 R2. In this interview we cover:
- [00:55] What are the new improvements around Cluster Validation?
- [02:15] What are the networking changes and how has converged networking influenced this?
- [03:50] How has interoperability improved with Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV)?
- [04:55] How are Hyper-V clusters treated differently?
- [06:25] What is a "Shared VHDX" and why it is important for guest clusters?
- [08:25] Demo: Failover Cluster Manager enhancements
- [09:30] Demo: New quorum model with a dynamic witness disk
- [13:30] How do clustering protect against accidental host shutdown?
- [15:10] What other features have been added to protect VMs from downtime?
- [16:25] How do people upgrade their clusters to Windows Server 2012 R2
- [19:20] Where can people go to learn more about the new cluster features?
Connect with the Edge Team:
Facebook - Email