At [00:05] Symon Perriman meets with Elden Christensen, a Principal PM Manager on the Server Clustering team, to talk about new high-availability features in Windows Server 2012 R2. In this interview we cover:
- [00:55] What are the new improvements around Cluster Validation?
- [02:15] What are the networking changes and how has converged networking influenced this?
- [03:50] How has interoperability improved with Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV)?
- [04:55] How are Hyper-V clusters treated differently?
- [06:25] What is a "Shared VHDX" and why it is important for guest clusters?
- [08:25] Demo: Failover Cluster Manager enhancements
- [09:30] Demo: New quorum model with a dynamic witness disk
- [13:30] How do clustering protect against accidental host shutdown?
- [15:10] What other features have been added to protect VMs from downtime?
- [16:25] How do people upgrade their clusters to Windows Server 2012 R2
- [19:20] Where can people go to learn more about the new cluster features?
- TechEd North America Sessions: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013
- TechEd Europe Sessions: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/Europe/2013
- Cluster Team Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/clustering/
- TechNet - What's New in Failover Clustering: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn265972.aspx
- The Edge Team did not present the news this week.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 News: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-server-2012-r2/default.aspx
- System Center 2012 R2 News: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/system-center-2012-r2/default.aspx
Connect with the Edge Team: