At [00:05] Symon Perriman meets with Elden Christensen, a Principal PM Manager on the Server Clustering team, to talk about new high-availability features in Windows Server 2012 R2. In this interview we cover:
- [00:55] What are the new improvements around Cluster Validation?
- [02:15] What are the networking changes and how has converged networking influenced this?
- [03:50] How has interoperability improved with Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV)?
- [04:55] How are Hyper-V clusters treated differently?
- [06:25] What is a "Shared VHDX" and why it is important for guest clusters?
- [08:25] Demo: Failover Cluster Manager enhancements
- [09:30] Demo: New quorum model with a dynamic witness disk
- [13:30] How do clustering protect against accidental host shutdown?
- [15:10] What other features have been added to protect VMs from downtime?
- [16:25] How do people upgrade their clusters to Windows Server 2012 R2
- [19:20] Where can people go to learn more about the new cluster features?
- TechEd North America Sessions: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013
- TechEd Europe Sessions: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/Europe/2013
- Cluster Team Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/clustering/
- TechNet - What's New in Failover Clustering: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn265972.aspx
- The Edge Team did not present the news this week.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 News: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-server-2012-r2/default.aspx
- System Center 2012 R2 News: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/system-center-2012-r2/default.aspx
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.