Learn the inside scoop on new capabilities around the new Microsoft Rights Management capabilities which have connections to Windows Azure AD in this interview with Sr. Program Manager Tejas Patel. We ask common questions, demo the iOS remote desktop client, and chat about some of the VDI enhancements in Windows Server 2012 R2.
In this interview that starts at [13:14], we cover:
- Why do you even need rights management?
- [T015:00] What's new from Microsoft with rights management?
- [16:55] Demo Configuring the Office 365 service to Microsoft Rights Management
- [22:14] Demo - Microsoft rights management client
- Protecting a text file with the rights management client and sharing it via email
- How can an IT admin know about people sending protected files?
- [29:22] Demo - Client not in your organization sign-up for a new Microsoft Rights Management account
- [31:29] Demo - opening the encrypted text file on an iPad Mini
- [32:05] What goes on under the hood when a user creates a new Microsoft Rights Management account with Windows Azure AD and authorization?
- Does the administrator see the encrypted data?
- [35:15] Can an administrator see the encrypted data?
- What other applications do we support with Microsoft Rights Management services?
- Can anyone enable Windows Azure AD and this service even without having Office 365?
Start a Windows Azure Evaluation: http://aka.ms/azuretrial
Storage: Import/Export Hard Disk Drives to your Storage Accounts
Virtual Machines: New VM Gallery, ACL support for VIPs
Billing: New Billing Alert Service that sends emails notifications when your bill hits a threshold you define
- Windows Azure PowerShell 0.7.0
- New Windows Azure Script Center
Backup Services: General Availability of Windows Azure Backup Services
Hyper-V Recovery Manager: Public preview of Windows Azure Hyper-V Recovery Manager
Virtual Machines: Delete Attached Disks, Availability Set Warnings, SQL AlwaysOn Configuration
Active Directory: Securely manage hundreds of SaaS applications
Enterprise Management: Use Active Directory to Better Manage Windows Azure
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Release to Web (Internet Explorer)
- New Microsoft Rights Management Services GA
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.