In this special episode, the Edge Show welcomes new team member Simon May, a technical evangelist focusing on Enterprise Client. Simon joins the team from the United Kingdom, having worked as an evangelist there for several years. Also learn about what's coming up next for each of the "Channel 9 - The Edge News Team" - with the David Tesar, Symon Perriman, Rick Claus and "the new guy" Simon May.
In the interview for this episode Symon talks with Michael Leworthy, a Senior Product Marketing Manager, to discuss server management with Configuration Manager. Since System Center 2012 R2 now includes every System Center component (SCOM, SCVMM, etc.) with a single license, more infrastructure and server administrators are getting exposed to Configuration Manager and want to know how it can be used in the datacenter to deploy, secure and manage servers and virtual machines.
In this interview that starts at [06:15], we cover:
- [06:55] What is Configuration Manager used for?
- [07:20] Why have we seen more datacenter administrators using Configuration Manager?
- [08:20] How can it be used for server inventory and asset management?
- [09:40] How can it be used for Windows Server deployment?
- [11:20] How can it be used for enterprise application deployment?
- [13:40] How can it be used for desired configuration change management?
- [15:55] How can it be used for patching and updating servers?
- [17:30] How does it manage virtual machines and virtual hard disks?
- [18:55] How can Configuration Manager integrate with Orchestrator do perform automation tasks?
- [T:] Where can people go to learn more?
- Configuration Manager Portal: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/system-center-2012-r2-configuration-manager/default.aspx
- Configuration Manager on TechNet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682129.aspx
- There was no news segment this week.
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.