Download this episode
David Tesar met with Martin Booth, Senior Product Manager for System Center Configuration Manager, to discuss new enhancements in SP1 and Windows Intune to support user-centric management for mobile devices and PCs in a single unified console across on-premise and the cloud.
In this interview, which starts at [03:18], we cover:
- [05:43] Enhancements to the December 2012 release of Windows Intune
- [06:41] Demo - Windows Intune connector to SCCM 2012 SP1
- [07:18] Demo - Android and iOS iPad/iPhone management
- [07:38] Advantages of direct iOS management over Exchange Active Sync (EAS)
- [08:10] Demo - Windows RT and Windows Phone 8 Management
- [09:35] Demo - Application provisioning and deployment of iOS, Android, and Windows Phone applications and "deep links"
- [11:06] Demo - How to enroll Windows RT device to be managed by Windows Intune
- [11:30] Demo - Company portal application on Windows RT
- [12:59] Where are applications stored for distribution
- [13:29] Additional resources
- SharePoint 2013 - http://aka.ms/sp2013eval
- Exchange 2013 GA + Eval - http://aka.ms/exch2013
- Lync 2013 Eval - http://aka.ms/lync2013
- Windows 8 for business - hardware decisions
- Windows Intune Trial - http://aka.ms/wintune
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.