In this episode, learn how Windows Azure IaaS can support a small or large SharePoint infrastructure, including our newly released SharePoint 2013 gallery image along with PowerShell to automate. David Tesar met with Paul Stubbs for Edge Show #60 to discuss the architecture and deployment considerations as well as demo how to get an initial SharePoint 2013 farm running in Windows Azure. Download an eval of Windows Azure.
In this interview that starts at [03:33] , we cover:
- Why would you want to run SharePoint on Windows Azure versus running SharePoint Online in Office 365?
- [06:02] Basic Windows Azure architecture foundation diagram
- [06:48] Classic N-tier SharePoint site architecture with internet facing presence and hybrid
- [08:45] What are some general guidelines around scaling up or out SharePoint 2013 on Windows Azure?
- [10:11] Private Hybrid SharePoint site architecture
- [14:11] What are the unique advantages of running SharePoint on Windows Azure?
- [10:52] SharePoint on Windows Azure pricing calculator spreadsheet
- [15:28] Demo – Creating a new SharePoint farm entirely in Windows Azure from gallery images of Windows Server 2012, SQL, and SharePoint 2013
- Demo of the major things that have changed with Windows Azure Virtual Machines since the General availability on 4/16/2013.
Connect with the Edge Team: