Download this episode
The great Bart De Smet takes us through the fundamentals and specifics behind this new interface, which ships in the latest version of Rx. Most of the time is spent at the whiteboard. There's also a short demo at the end of the conversation. Here's the flow:
- Expression trees recap (lambdas convertible to either anonymous methods or expression trees)
- How LINQ to Objects versus LINQ to SQL works, introducing IQueryable<T>
- Look at the Queryable extension methods and how they stitch expression trees together
- Differences between IQbservable<T> and IQueryable<T> (mainly simplification)
- Extended role of IQbservableProvider compared to IQueryableProvider
- Synergy between IQueryable and IQbservable (ToEnumerable/ToObservable "sideways" conversion)
- What operators are available (answer: 99% - explain why that 1% is omitted)
Sample observable LINQ provider (LINQ to WQL)
Put your thinking caps on, turn up the volume, sit back, and learn. Erik Meijer and team are innovating at a level
we haven't seen in a while around here. Rx is profoundly evolving and taking LINQ along for the ride. Incredible work!
Enjoy this latest episode of Going Deep. Ask questions. Bart et al. will answer them here and on the Rx forums.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.