Episode 10 of the Az Update Show. This week Anthony Bartolo and Thomas Maurer discuss the latest Microsoft Azure News with our producer Pierre Roman.
- Azure.com operates on Azure: This week the team which runs Azure.com shared two very interesting blogs about the history of Azure.com and how they design and run Azure.com efficiently and with the right uptime. You will get a peek behind the Azure.com web page to show you how the Azure.com team thinks about running a major brand website on a global scale. The team also shares its design approach and best practices for security, resiliency, scalability, availability, environmental sustainability, and cost-effective operations—on a global scale.
Check out the two blog posts here:
- Azure.com operates on Azure part 1: Design principles and best practices
- How Azure.com operates on Azure part 2: Technology and architecture
- The AZ-104 Azure Administrator Exam is out of beta: This week the AZ-104 Azure Administrator Exam came out of beta.
Candidates for this exam should have subject matter expertise implementing, managing, and monitoring an organization's Microsoft Azure environment.
Responsibilities for an Azure Administrator include implementing, managing, and monitoring identity, governance, storage, compute, and virtual networks in a cloud environment, plus provision, size, monitor, and adjust resources, when needed.
An Azure Administrator often serves as part of a larger team dedicated to implementing your organization's cloud infrastructure.
If you took the exam while in beta, you are getting an email shortly about your results. If you are looking to study and learn for this exam, check out my AZ-104 Azure Administrator Exam Study Guide.
- Azure Migrate now supports multiple credentials for discovery of physical server: Azure Migrate now supports adding multiple credentials for the discovery and assessment of physical servers (in preview). In addition, the number of servers that can be discovered per appliance has been increased from 250 to 1,000.
For more details, read the documentation.
- Updates for monitoring and troubleshooting Azure IoT Hub message routing: Azure IoT Hub got several updates to message routing help reduce the learning curve and accelerate monitoring and troubleshooting, like Multidimensional, per-endpoint monitoring metrics are now available in Azure Monitor to help you identify metrics for each endpoint and gain more details to diagnose issues faster.
You can find the full list for Updates for monitoring and troubleshooting Azure IoT Hub message routing here.
- Simplifying declarative deployments in Azure!: Early this week, Mark Russinovich (CTO of Microsoft Azure) shared new updates on how the team renewed the focus in Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template deployments with a focus on addressing some of the key challenges shared by our customers. The new updates include:
- Simplified authoring experience with Visual Studio Code
- What-if: Pre-deployment impact analysis
- Deployment scripts: completing the 'last mile' scenarios
- Management group and subscription provisioning at scale
- Continued focus on quality and reliability
But there is also more to come. Check out the full blog post here on Azure.com.
- MS Learn Module of the Week
Cloud Concepts - Principles of cloud computing
Explore the core concepts of cloud computing and how it can help your business. In this module, you will:
- Explore common cloud computing services
- Explore the benefits of cloud computing
- Decide which cloud deployment model is best for you.
Intro Video and Music Source: CC BY "Kundan Kumar" — Intro without text | 5 best intro is licensed under CC BY-ND 2.0